5.9.09
Woke up at 4 50 this morning, drove to Morgan City where I met a friend and her dad. We then went out into the bayous and hunted alligators. We caught 5 of them (I say we, but I didn't do much). Basically you set out a hook on a line with a piece of chicken on it, the alligator gets stuck on the hook, and you pull it up to the surface next to your boat, shoot it in the head (they die instantly) then pull it into the boat and move on to your next hook. Oh yeah, they don't stop twitching for at least 20 minutes after they're dead. Once we caught the 5, we took them into town to the fish market where they were bought and will be taken to a tannery where the meat will be removed to be eaten and the hide will be tanned for future use. The biggest one we caught was over 10ft long. Pictures will be posted later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment