Today was a pretty normal day. I went to the blood drive on campus and they rejected me for bs reasons, I wrote their administration a very polite email expressing my dissatisfaction with their polices. I found out that I might get to go out into the bayous and do something (i think tagging?) involving alligators! should be interesting.
Just for fun: is the plural of "bayou" spelled "bayous" or "bayoux"? I was looking around the internet and found this: "bayou is not originally a French word. We owe it to the Choctaw Indians, who showed the French around when they began to arrive in what they called Louisiana early in the eighteenth century. The French were familiar with the Mississippi River, of course, but not with the sluggish little streams flowing into it in the flatlands near the Gulf of Mexico. This, said the Choctaw, is a bayuk. Bien entendu, said the French, bayou" So "bayou" isn't even French. Those Cajuns are crazy!
ReplyDeleteTry to come back with all you toes and fingers please.
ReplyDeleteIs this for your biology class or just for fun?