14.9.10

This past weekend, my Marine Biology Lab class spent 3 days (2 nights) at the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON) in Cocodrie, LA. Here a few pictures that my professor took. I dont have all the pictures yet so I will post more later as I get them.


These first two were taken Friday night on the Research Vessel Acadiana. We took the ship out into Terrebonne Bay to do some night trawling to collect fauna samples.


These two were after the first trawl, we're all gathered around a steel table picking through fish trying to identify them all and record numbers. The next few pictures are from Saturday afternoon when we went out on the Ms. Dee to gather oyster samples in Bay Cocodrie.






Later Saturday afternoon we got to go into the marsh to gather Spartina Alterniflora and core samples to process later this semester. As you can see, we got quite muddy and had a good time putting mud on each other.
The last picture here was taken Sunday afternoon before we cleaned up the LUMCON lab and headed home.


No comments:

Post a Comment